Book Club in a Box provides an all-in-one check-out for book clubs, with everything in one bag that book clubs need for a great discussion. These are an excellent resource for your book group!
In each box you will find
- 10 copies of the book
- A binder full of information about the author, discussion questions, reviews, interviews and more
How to Check Out a Book Club in a Box
- Boxes are stored at the Main Library, First Floor Page Desk. If the catalog says “Check Shelf,” please ask Page Desk staff to retrieve it for you.
- You may place a hold on a specific Book Club in a Box title in the catalog and request to pick it up from any library location.
- The loan period is 6 weeks and the box may be renewed up to 3 times if there are no existing holds.
- Two boxes may be checked out at any one time
- The box will be checked out on the library card of the person picking up the box. That person is responsible for the return of the box and all of its contents.
Returning the Boxes
- Carefully check contents before returning the box.
- Boxes must be returned by handing them to a staff member at any SFPL location
- Do not put boxes in a bookdrop.
- Late fees are the same as for a book. See Fines and Fees for more information.
- Replacement cost of an entire Book Club in a Box is fair market value, not to exceed $150
- The replacement charge for individual items in the box will include actual cost of the item and a processing fee.
Available Book Club Titles
- Alive in Necropolis
- All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life
- The Bonesetter’s Daughter
- California Crackup: How Reform Broke the Golden State and How We Can Fix
- This Book Club in a Box is offered in partnership with the League of Women Voters of California
- Cane River
- The Complete Persepolis
- The Confessions of Max Tivoli
- The Devil's Teeth
- Fun Home
- The History of Love
- The Hummingbird's Daughter
- The Kite Runner
- Never Let Me Go
- Out Stealing Horses
- Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
- Then We Came to the End
- West of Kabul, East of New York
- When the Emperor Was Divine