Who’s pulling the strings? The Fratello Marionettes, well known and well-loved in San Francisco, bring back the art of the marionette puppetry and their classic storytelling to the Festival. The Carnival of the Animals features 3 well known tales - the 'Three Little Pigs', the 'Tortoise and the Hare', and the 'Ugly Duckling' -with the background of the music of Saint-Saens. Utilizing a unique performance style, the puppet and puppeteer are seen in full view of the audience on a raised stage. This is a perfect vehicle for The Fratello Marionettes to both educate and delight.
Annual event featuring puppets, music, and live performances in libraries throughout the city.
- Parque Niños. José Luis Orozco in Concert
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014
- Cartooning Workshop for Teens with Morgan Taylor
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014Main Library, Children's Center
- Tony Border’s Puppets’ Magical Picnic
- Thursday, March 13, 2014Sunset, Sunset Children's Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.