(2010; 95 minutes; PG-13)
The film focuses on the issue of how African-American women have perceived their hair and historically styled it. The film explores the current styling industry for black women, images of what is considered acceptable and desirable for African-American women's hair in the United States, and their relation to African American culture
Thursdays @ Noon Films are held in the Koret Auditorium.
- Films for Adults - The Bourne Identity (2002)
- Monday, March 10, 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Thursdays @ Noon Film -- Whip It
- Thursday, March 13, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Friday Matinee
- Friday, March 14, 2014Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.