Daphne Miller, M.D., a San Francisco family physician and author, will share practical insights from her world-wide nutrition explorations. She visited scientists, traditional cooks, and farmers across the US and around the globe to discover the delicious and healthy foods detailed in her books Farmacology: What Innovative Family Farming Can Teach Us about Health & Healing and The Jungle Effect: A doctor discovers the healthiest diets from around the world--why they work and how to bring them home.
Q&A and book sales and signing follow.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- SEE/SAW Playshop: Scribe
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014Main Library, Library for the Blind
- An Evening of Poetry With Daphne Gottlieb
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014Eureka Valley/Harvey Milk Memorial, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
- Meditation Group
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014Main Library, Gay & Lesbian Center
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Brain Fitness
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Tai Chi for Health with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley Meeting Room