Mete Tasin was born in Würzburg, Germany but grew up in Turkey. He studied opera at Istanbul University and later received his Master’s degree in Music at Brooklyn College. Mete has performed with the New York City Lyric Opera in Carnegie Hall, where he sang Tybalt in Gounod's Romeo et Juliette. Local appearances include a lead role as Arlecchino in Pagliacci and the role of Gastone from La Traviata at Opera San Jose. He has also represented San Francisco City Opera at Union Street and North Beach Festivals. Mete will include songs from Western classical opera and the Turkish repertoire in his performance.
- Bernal Jazz Quartet
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- The Gustafer Yellowgold Show
- Friday, March 14, 2014Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Opera for the People: Winter-Spring 2014
- Saturday, March 22, 2014Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley Meeting Room