Hitchcock’s San Francisco thriller stars James Stewart as a retired detective suffering from acrophobia who is hired by an acquaintance to investigate the strange activities of his much-younger wife. Stewart becomes dangerously obsessed while tailing Kim Novak to gorgeous locations in and around San Francisco: Mission Dolores, Union Square, Fort Point, The Palace of the Legion of Honor, Nob Hill, Lombard Street, and many others.
Long regarded a great film, Vertigo replaced Citizen Kane as the best film of all time in the 2012 Sight & Sound critics' poll and has appeared repeatedly in best film polls by the American Film Institute.
Rated PG; 126 minutes; 1958
- Teen Movie
- Saturday, March 8, 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Films for Adults - The Bourne Identity (2002)
- Monday, March 10, 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Thursdays @ Noon Film -- Whip It
- Thursday, March 13, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium