Celebrate Black History month with a Capoeira Angola lesson from Destiny Arts! This Brazilian martial art, created mainly by descendants of African slaves, combines elements of dance and music. It is known by quick and complex moves, using mainly power, speed, and leverage for leg sweeps. Join us for movement, fun games, and role playing that introduce participants to special violence prevention techniques.
*Capoeira Angola can be described as a cultural weapon, a martial art, a dance, a spiritual tradition emerging through the African Diaspora cultural landscape, a beautiful game played to the rhythm of percussion instruments and call response songs and a philosophy.
Ven a la biblioteca para ver un programa, obtener la tarjeta bibliotecaria y disfrutar de los libros.
- Gustafer Yellowgold Family Concert
- Martes 18 de Marzo de 2014Merced, Merced: Área Principal
- Board Game Bonanza
- Martes 25 de Marzo de 2014Merced, Merced: Área Principal
- Francisco Herrera - Singer & Guitarist
- Jueves 3 de Abril de 2014Biblioteca Central, Centro de Niños: Sala Creativa