In observance of Chinese New Year's Eve, the Chinatown/Him Mark Lai Branch Library WILL CLOSE at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 30th, 2014. The nearest branch, North Beach Branch, is opened until 6 p.m.
- In addition to collections in English, the Chinatown/Him Mark Lai Branch offers books and other materials including magazines, newspapers, audiobooks, CDs and DVDs in Chinese
- Medium size collection of Vietnamese language materials.
- Large Asian Interest collection in English specifically focuses on China, Chinese culture and the Chinese in America.
- File list of pamphlets, newspapers and magazine articles on Chinatown's history and issues of concern to the Chinese and Asian American community.
- Digital collections available online via Flickr of selected pamphlets, newspapers, and magazine articles
- Collections list of historical and academic Asian-American interest magazines and newspapers.
- Collection list of bound Asianweek newspapers.
- Laptop Program for public in-library use of a Library laptop
- Chinatown Branch Blog
Languages Spoken by Staff
English | Chinese - Cantonese, Mandarin | Vietnamese